One of the biggest challenges in freelancing is getting clients due to rising competition day by day. Freelancers spend more of their time in looking client than working. There are many easier ways to get client instead of spending money on paid marketing.
Below are 13 best ways to attract clients and get the project:
1. Good Work Always Pay Off (Power of Referral): If you are in online business then you must work on quality instead of quantity. As reviews given by your clients are really important for you. This brings more clients. Some time your ex-clients refer you to their groups which is really good for you. So do good work and you will get more clients.
2. Have a clear and clean profile (online resume), promote it: There are many online websites which give latest techniques of online resume or portfolio so go for it, best one is Linkedin.com. Don’t forget to market your portfolio via social media and many new SEO ways.
3. Start your blog: Nowadays Content marketing is on the rise these days. So start your own personal blog. Sharing your ideas and latest trends will surely attract many clients and they will ask you to work for them or if you are so lucky that they can ask to promote their services through your blog.
4. Go for guest blogging: When you write for others than you put yourself in front of more people. Thus this gives you more attention and hence new clients.
5. Believe in some creativity: Not only writing but there are many other ways which can increase your chances, those are
6. Market through LinkedIn: LinkedIn is the best way to get clients by presenting yourself completely. It also provides us with a feature of writing blogs hence you can also showcase your skills here.
7. Keep your social media updated: Online means always express your ideas and thoughts. So for that reason always share your thoughts via your personal social media profiles.
8. Create profiles in your niche relevant websites: Your niche always brings you work. So there are many online niche relevant websites which are really good for you like for photographers is Flicker, videographers are Vimeo, developers are Github etc.
9. Attend Meetups & Conferences: Don’t miss the meetups and conferences, as there you can represent yourself personally to many clients and thus you get the high chance of impressing them.
10. Always Speak-up: Don’t feel shy or hesitate if you get chance to speak at any event or conference. Sharing new ideas with the people might impress some and thus they can pay you for your service.
11. Co-working: Co-working is like joining groups of freelancers and meeting them personally. There are many spaces available where this happens. So this is all about networking yourself and getting your work done with the help of others.
12. Join Relevant Forums: Nowadays there are many online relevant forums where you can participate in discussions and can represent yourself. The best way is with Quora. Here you have to Answer many relevant questions thus you can get a new way to work.
13. Follow the experts in your field and keep in touch with them: Always update yourself with the case studies of famous people in your relevant field. And don’t forget to reach them.
Hence, bringing client is an art and it is all about link building.